'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
- In response to the growing need for law firms to implement major business model changes, Beaton Capital announces the Strategic Change Clinic, an innovative ‘how-to’ and implementation guidance service. Places are limited to six firms. Click here for details.
- NewLaw New Rules is a new book published by Beaton Capital showing how trends in industry structure and clients buying behaviour are changing the legal landscape – and in doing so creating opportunities for a new category of legal services provider and also challenging law firms based on the traditional business model. Watch the informative trailer here.
- Beaton Capital's latest Global Issues paper has been written by Warren Riddell. To read it and others head over to our white papers page.
Beaton Capital will be running two new seminars later this year in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney - Debt Advisory Masterclass and Why Some Firms Fly. Further details and flyers for these seminars are available at the following links - Debt Advisory Masterclass and Why Some Firms Fly.
- George Beaton is a keynote speaker at Future of Law Summit in London on 30 September 2014. The organisers of The Future of Law Summit and Beaton Capital are pleased to offer a limited number of discounted tickets to this major conference. To secure one or more of these tickets please contact Lynda Dean.
Warren Riddell will be speaking at the first Legal Management Forum to be held in Madrid on 21 October 2014. The Legal Management Forum is being organised jointly by Wolters Kluwer and Inkietos.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
Book review – ‘A Comprehensive Guide to the Asia-Pacific Legal Markets’ by John Grimley
The rapid economic growth in Asia, particularly South East Asia, in recent years, has led experts to claim that the 21st century is the ‘Asian century’. As a result of this economic growth, the legal market in the Asia-Pacific region is predicted to double in size and become one of the most important legal markets […] Read more…
A significant shift in strategic thinking in law firms is needed
Alan Hodgart is of the view that without a significant shift in strategic thinking in law firms worldwide and a change in their business models, more will struggle to maintain their position, and there will be more collapses and more forced mergers. In his report on the State of the UK Legal Market titled Key […] Read more…
Why some professional services firms fly, but most don’t
Some professional services firms fly, and others hit the rocks. Beaton updated seminar explores why this happens – and what leaders of professional services firms can learn to enable their firms to fly. In this sense ‘fly’ means ‘enjoy sustained and superior profitability’ and ‘hit the rocks’ refers to the converse, in which situation all […] Read more…