'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
News and thought leadership
- Read our new white paper published jointly with M&C Saatchi on Brand Purpose in International Law Firms. It combines Beaton Capital's research and insight into law firm strategy with M&C Saatchi's creative excellence in brand development. Download here.
- Remaking Law Firms: Why & How by George Beaton and Imme Kaschner was published on 11 March 2016 and can now be ordered online from the American Bar Association. Click here to place your order now.
- NewLaw New Rules, published by Beaton Capital, is celebrating the second anniversary of our e-book's origins. NewLaw New Rules analyses how trends in industry structure and clients buying behaviour are changing the legal landscape – and in doing so not only creating opportunities for a new category of legal services provider, but also challenging law firms based on the BigLaw traditional business model. Watch our new trailer on NewLaw New Rules here.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
More NewLaw M&A: Elevate acquires Legal OnRamp
‘Tis the season for NewLaw M&A as Elevate acquires Legal OnRamp. The union means Elevate, a leading legal services provider, will expand even more rapidly now that it has combined with the innovative legal technology of OnRamp. Read more…
Are today’s young lawyers opting out of the Hunger Games?
Compared to 1991 it seems today’s young lawyers opting out of the Hunger Games. In that year Marc Galanter and Thomas Palay wrote Tournament of Lawyers positing that the success of the BigLaw business model depended in part on an incentivised ‘tournament’ for promotion. No more it seems. Read more…
Tales from a sell-side mandate
I never thought I’d be quoting Carl Jung in describing a sell-side mandate. But I will. Selling a firm is all about synchronicity, which Jung described as “meaningful coincidences”. Three years ago I wrote a post entitled “How hunger and hygiene drive valuations”, what I should have addressed is how do you create synchronicity in a […] Read more…