'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
News and thought leadership
- Our newest white paper A Strategy Playbook for professional services firms is now available. More details and download links can be found here.
- Remaking Law Firms: Why & How by George Beaton and Imme Kaschner was published in March 2016 and can be ordered online. Click here (American Bar Association) or here (Amazon) to place your order now.
- Beaton Partners David Goener and George Beaton are each presenting at upcoming national law firm conferences. David will be discussing ’Innovation and ideas on how to improve operational efficiencies’ at the Managing Partners Forum for Small & Boutique Firms in August while George is exploring 'Why it’s time to remake your firm’s business model' at the 16th annual ALPMA Summit in September.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
Specialist and boutique firms – bigger or better? How to grow an exit valuation.
Growth strategies for specialist and boutique firms can be fraught with contradictions and conflicts. The potential for growth and scale is a fundamental component of a firm’s exit valuation, but how to grow at the right pace whilst retaining a firm’s USP? Read more…
The who, what and why of strategy
Most leaders don’t have time for complex strategies. So how can you reduce complexity to simplicity, or chaos to order in developing and presenting strategy? Here’s how – focus on the who, what and why. Read more…
Engineering leaders need to think about the impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
“Engineering leaders need to think about the impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The associated changes are set to transform the engineering profession as we know it, so the time to act is now” writes Dr Marlene Kanga, President-Elect, World Federation of Engineering Organisations. Read why. Read more…