'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Read Standing out from the crowd by Warren Riddell in the Iberian Lawyer.
- NewLaw New Rules is a new book published by Beaton Capital showing how trends in industry structure and clients buying behaviour are changing the legal landscape – and in doing so creating opportunities for a new category of legal services provider and also challenging law firms based on the traditional business model. Watch the informative trailer here.
- Why we are reaching the Ides of Maturity for professional services firms, the keynote address by Dr George Beaton at the 2014 Client Choice Awards ceremony is available here.
- Registrations for Growth & Ownership Strategies 2014 are open now! Join George Beaton, Warren Riddell and David Goener as they discuss successful ownership transition strategies for PSFs. Registrations are open online here and full details can be found here.
- Warren Riddell to develop and run a two day seminar to Master of Management (CEMS) students at the University of Sydney Business Schoolin March 2014.
- In coming months Dr George Beaton will be delivering keynote addresses for the conventions of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Queensland Law Society and CPA NSW Public Practice.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
Why crofting is so important to owners of professional services firms
‘Why crofting is so important to professional services firms’ is neither a spoof nor a piece of trivia. Crofting is used as metaphor to convey to law and other professional services firms what Ted Levitt wrote about more than 30 years ago in Harvard Business Review in his classic ‘Marketing Success Through Differentiation—of Anything‘.It’s a […] Read more…
The rise of LSO to change the shape of traditional law firms
It’s now clear that the rise of LSO (legal services outsourcing) has the potential to change the shape and business model of the traditional law firm; a new book has predicted. And the same is true for in-house legal departments.The book – The Rise of Legal Services Outsourcing – predicts the structure of in-house legal […] Read more…
The Ides of Maturity for professional services firms marks a modern-day turning point
The Ides of March marked a turning point in Roman history with the assassination of Julius Caesar (1). What I term the Ides of Maturity for professional services firms marks a modern-day turning point of another momentous kind. These Ides herald an era of life cycle maturity and the start of decline for many firms. […] Read more…