'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
News and thought leadership
- Read our new white paper published jointly with M&C Saatchi on Brand Purpose in International Law Firms. It combines Beaton Capital's research and insight into law firm strategy with M&C Saatchi's creative excellence in brand development. Download here.
- Beaton Capital and Future Exploration Network presented Clients and Firms of the Future: How to Compete, a forum designed for senior leaders in professional services about why and how firms will have to change to compete profitably for clients in the future on 11 March 2015. This Storify shares some of the highlights with more to come.
- NewLaw New Rules, published by Beaton Capital, analyses how trends in industry structure and clients buying behaviour are changing the legal landscape – and in doing so creating opportunities for a new category of legal services provider and also challenging law firms based on the traditional business model. Watch the informative trailer here.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
Employee shareholders – the pain and the gain
Expanding shareholdings beyond the founders of a firm can be fraught with difficulties, be it setting a price, the governance or the fundamental issue of the founders sharing the pie with others. Read more…
Grow your firm by helping clients to switch to you
‘Grow your firm by helping clients to switch to you’ may sound like a simple statement of obvious advice. It’s not because, as the research amongst clients of professional services firms summarised in this post shows, you need to know how to do this to maximise the probability of winning. Read more…
#LegalLean… coming to the legal services ecosystem near you?
This is a time when early adopters of legal services innovation are experimenting with cognitive computing, design thinking, artificial intelligence, process improvement, offshoring key aspects of service delivery, and applying technology to drive efficiency and new business models. Many questions arise: What exactly is the nature of legal work? Is a law degree or a […] Read more…