'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
News and thought leadership
- Read our new white paper published jointly with M&C Saatchi on Brand Purpose in International Law Firms. It combines Beaton Capital's research and insight into law firm strategy with M&C Saatchi's creative excellence in brand development. Download here.
- Beaton Capital and Future Exploration Network presented Clients and Firms of the Future: How to Compete, a forum designed for senior leaders in professional services about why and how firms will have to change to compete profitably for clients in the future on 11 March 2015. This Storify shares some of the highlights with more to come.
- NewLaw New Rules, published by Beaton Capital, analyses how trends in industry structure and clients buying behaviour are changing the legal landscape – and in doing so creating opportunities for a new category of legal services provider and also challenging law firms based on the traditional business model. Watch the informative trailer here.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
Architecture firms – Global M&A facts & figures
As a leading M&A adviser to professional services firms we track M&A activity both in Australia and globally. Over the last three years we have seen a continuation of global aggregation and consolidation of the professions in the ‘built’ sector, which has had a direct impact on the Australian market. This post focuses on global […] Read more…
Valuation and price are not equal
Recently Beaton Capital has advised four private company sales where experienced buyers, keen to close a deal differed by over 50% of the final price – how can this be so, and what does it mean for a vendor? Read more…
Who is buying Australia’s Consulting and Environmental Engineering firms? – The facts & figures
As a leading M&A adviser to consulting and environmental engineering (CEE) firms we track M&A activity both in Australia and globally. Over the last three years we have seen a continuation of global aggregation and consolidation, which has had a direct impact on the Australian market. Read more…