'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
- In response to the growing need for law firms to implement major business model changes, Beaton Capital announces the Strategic Change Clinic, an innovative ‘how-to’ and implementation guidance service. Places are limited to six firms. Click here for details.
- NewLaw New Rules is a new book published by Beaton Capital showing how trends in industry structure and clients buying behaviour are changing the legal landscape – and in doing so creating opportunities for a new category of legal services provider and also challenging law firms based on the traditional business model. Watch the informative trailer here.
- Beaton Capital's latest Global Issues paper has been written by Warren Riddell. To read it and others head over to our white papers page.
Beaton Capital will be running a new seminar on Wednesday, 19th November in Sydney - Debt Advisory Masterclass. Register now to book your seat.
- George Beaton recently spoke in Toronto on the Australian experience with deregulation of law firm ownership, in Chicago at the ClioCloud9 Conference, and in London at The Future of Law Summit. For further details please contact George.
Warren Riddell recently spoke at the first Legal Management Forum held in Madrid on 21 October 2014. The Legal Management Forum was organised jointly by Wolters Kluwer and Inkietos and was attended by some 500 of the leading practitioners in Spain.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
Can the Big4 succeed in law this time?
This year any coyness about the Big4 returning to law has been lifted. They are all at it again. So what has changed or will it all end in tears and as it did some dozen years ago? Lawyers Countries PwC Legal 2,400 80 Deloitte Legal 1,300 56 EY Legal 1,100 52 KPMG Legal […] Read more…
A ‘return to growth’ is a mirage for law firms
A just-published survey on larger law firms in the UK quietly celebrates a ‘return to growth’. PwC’s 2014 Law Firms’ Survey also finds ‘a degree of stability and confidence is returning to the legal sector’. This survey is comprehensive and admirably reported with some undoubted good news and eye-catching infographics, but the narrative doesn’t tell […] Read more…
USA interview with Dr George Beaton about law firm ownership and outside investment
Beaton Capital partner, Dr George Beaton recently spoke at the CLIO Cloud Conference in Chicago where he was interviewed by Legal Talk Network about law firm ownership and outside investment. Laurence Colleti of Legal Talk Network explored the Australian experience with George in this 15 minute discussion. Law firm ownership and outside investment The topic of law firm […] Read more…
The Big Bang in BigLaw – or how irreversible forces are changing law firms
I was recently at a public lecture on the expanding nature of our universe. Whether we like it or not, the universe is being torn apart from a singularity creating space, time and all the other forces we take for granted from constants like gravity to uncertainties like the weather. Listening to the erudition, it […] Read more…
First anniversary of the start of NewLaw
Today, October 7, 2014, marks the first anniversary of the start of NewLaw as a recognised neologism. ‘NewLaw’ and #NewLaw are sweeping through the blogo- and Twitter-spheres, are appearing on conference agendas everywhere, and form the title of the fast-selling e-book, NewLaw New Rules. This post acknowledges the provenance of NewLaw, thanks the many contributors […] Read more…