'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
- In response to the growing need for law firms to implement major business model changes, Beaton Capital announces the Strategic Change Clinic, an innovative ‘how-to’ and implementation guidance service. Places are limited to six firms. Click here for details.
- NewLaw New Rules is a new book published by Beaton Capital showing how trends in industry structure and clients buying behaviour are changing the legal landscape – and in doing so creating opportunities for a new category of legal services provider and also challenging law firms based on the traditional business model. Watch the informative trailer here.
- Beaton Capital's latest Global Issues paper has been written by Warren Riddell. To read it and others head over to our white papers page.
Beaton Capital will be running three new seminars later this year in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney - Debt Advisory Masterclass, Pathways for Professional Services Firms and Why Some Firms Fly. Further details and flyers for these seminars are available at the following links - Debt Advisory Masterclass, Pathways for Professional Services Firms and Why Some Firms Fly.
- George Beaton recently spoke in Toronto on the Australian experience with deregulation of law firm ownership, in Chicago at the ClioCloud9 Conference, and in London at The Future of Law Summit. For further details please contact George.
Warren Riddell will be speaking at the first Legal Management Forum to be held in Madrid on 21 October 2014. The Legal Management Forum is being organised jointly by Wolters Kluwer and Inkietos.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
The Future of Law Summit, London, 30 September 2014
The Future of Law Summit organised by The Global Legal Post was held in London on 30 September 2014. Delegates received updates on timely issues such as the changing needs of clients, pricing of law firms’ services, branding, strategy, sourcing and disaggregation, and a range of other topics. Contributors came from both sides of the […] Read more…
Big Four battle royale in the Asian Century
“Water shapes its course according to the nature of the ground over which it flows. Therefore, just as water retains no constant shape, so in warfare there are no constant conditions.” Sun Tzu, The Art of War We are witnessing ever-greater integration of the Asia-Pacific Region led by the 2015 ASEAN Economic Community to create […] Read more…
Book review – ‘A Comprehensive Guide to the Asia-Pacific Legal Markets’ by John Grimley
The rapid economic growth in Asia, particularly South East Asia, in recent years, has led experts to claim that the 21st century is the ‘Asian century’. As a result of this economic growth, the legal market in the Asia-Pacific region is predicted to double in size and become one of the most important legal markets […] Read more…