'Independence' means freedom from external control. The partners own Beaton Capital. Strategic and financial advice is our only business.
'Focus' means concentrated energy and sharpness of vision. Beaton Capital specialises in what we know best, professional services.
'Experience' means knowledge accumulated from many years of participation and observation. The partners of Beaton Capital have worked in the professions since the 1980s.
'Excellence' means the highest quality. The partners and staff of Beaton Capital aim to be world class in everything we do.
‘Beaton Capital has the intellectual rigour and depth of experience to mark it out as a global leader in providing independent, focused advice to professional services firms. Very few others even come close.’
Beaton Capital is a leading independent corporate advisory firm operating in Australia and Asia providing strategic and financial advice to our clients.
We specialise in advising professional service firms on:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Owners’ exits and divestments
- Balance sheet and capital optimisation
Our knowledge and expertise come from a combination of our professional careers, our extensive involvement in advising leading legal, accounting, financial, engineering and other professional services including healthcare and the rich research undertaken by ourselves and by our sister company, Beaton Research + Consulting.
As a Beaton company, we are widely trusted with a legacy of more than 25 years’ work among professional service firms, professional faculties of leading universities and professional associations.
We do not divulge the names of our clients, past or present.
We undertake our work from our offices in Brisbane, Hong Kong, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Read Standing out from the crowd by Warren Riddell in the Iberian Lawyer.
- NewLaw New Rules is a new book published by Beaton Capital showing how trends in industry structure and clients buying behaviour are changing the legal landscape – and in doing so creating opportunities for a new category of legal services provider and also challenging law firms based on the traditional business model. Watch the informative trailer here.
- Why we are reaching the Ides of Maturity for professional services firms, the keynote address by Dr George Beaton at the 2014 Client Choice Awards ceremony is available here.
- Registrations for Growth & Ownership Strategies 2014 are open now! Join George Beaton, Warren Riddell and David Goener as they discuss successful ownership transition strategies for PSFs. They will be joined on the panel by two highly experienced businessmen Philip Manidis and Merlin Allan. Registrations are open online here and full details can be found here.
- In coming months Dr George Beaton will be delivering keynote addresses for the conventions of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Queensland Law Society and CPA NSW Public Practice.
Highlights in our blog: Bigger. Better. Both?
Limitless? Big Four strategic moves in consulting
“Single cell organisms are not born to evolve they are meant to thrive in their existing environment; multicellular organisms mutate to evolve to survive in the changing environment.” Clayton Christensen at the 2013 Business Influentials Seminar in Melbourne The recent acquisition of Booz & Company by PwC marks another monumental move by the Big Four […] Read more…
NewLaw down under
“I come from a land down under Where beer does flow and men chunder Can’t you hear, can’t you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover.“ Men at Work, Down Under, 1981 These lyrics from Men at Work’s hit single propelled the Australian act into international stardom in the 1980s. Since the […] Read more…
20 questions to test you resolve: Do you really want to sell your firm?
I was asked recently to jot down some bullet points on the process to sell a firm, as if it is that straightforward. What resulted was a series of pointed questions to test the vendor’s resolve and honesty. Have a go for yourself… Do you really want to sell your firm? Why do you want […] Read more…